I have not canned fish before. We needed some freezer space, and had some catfish taking up quite a bit of room. Why not kill two birds with one stone?
Here were my steps:
- Thawed the catfish and filleted (did not want bones or skin, but can still have if desired)
- Soaked in salt brine for 1 hr
- Washed and Sterilized jars/rings
- Chunked fish, and placed in jars leaving 1/4 in head space
- Wiped off jar rims and tighten ring/lid on jars
- Placed jars in pressure canner with 1 inch water
- Put on lid, turned up heat and set pressure to 10 psi
- Pressure hit 10, set timer for 1 hr 40 mins.
- Took pressure cooker off heat and allowed pressure to go to 0
- Opened lid, removed jars and allowed to cool
- Marked lids with contents and year
Shelf life should be 3-5 yrs